Regularly highlighted as one of the most influential and powerful interventions in a fruitful ministry leader's life.
The process applies a systematic and person-centred approach, helping the leader develop in all aspects of life and ministry. Coaching has been proven to sharpen, focus and quicken the transformation process.
A regular and purposeful relationship between the ministry leader and her/his coach that focuses purely on life and ministry transformation. The coach is outside the local context and is therefore able to offer impartial, confidential, objective and therefore powerful interventions.
But Not this...
...not counselling, supervision, line-management, mentoring or spiritual direction. Aspects of these approaches may be used but a coach mostly helps the ministry leader to improve awareness and to set and achieve goals in order to improve ministry fruitfulness.
Vision & Dreaming
Space to dream big, to find God's perspective and to stimulate new creativity and innovation.
Reconnect with the positive habits that do lead to ministry fruitfulness; minimise those negative habits that don't!
Life Balance & Sustainability
Develop a more balanced and sustainable lifestyle; reducing the threat of the all-too-common burnout.
Focus & Purpose
New focus on the things that matter to you. Fresh clarity about priorities and develop clear ways forward.
Strategy & Ideas
Turn dreams into realities by fostering intentional progress towards clear goals. Plus find healthy ways through conflict.
Motivation & Drive
Find greater awareness of self, strengths, weaknesses and ministry context. Receive regular encouragement and develop new passion.
Free Taster SessionFree Taster - click here
First Session45mins - 1hour
Ongoing Coaching Sessionsrecommended minimum of 6 sessions
Ways Forwardtaking the coaching dynamic to others
Pioneer Mission Leader, Pastor and Church Planter
Steve has served the national Methodist Pioneering Ministries Scheme 'VentureFX' as a pioneer leader. He has previously led and planted a variety of churches and faith communities in various contexts.
Steve has helped set up several charities and social enterprises including Exeter Street Pastors, Exeter Pound, Rustic Ragamuffin, Simply, CitizensUK-Exeter and Nightchurch in Exeter Cathedral.
Steve is trained by Noble Manhattan Coaching and has coached 100s of church leaders, missional church planters, youth and community workers over a 13 year period.
Steve holds a BA.Ed(Hons) and a Masters degree in Missional Leadership. He is currently on a PhD journey with Bristol Baptist College/Trinity College (Aberdeen University) and is training as a Methodist Local Preacher, a Community Organiser with CitizensUK and is part of Pioneer Pathways (MethodistGB).
Dad and Husband
Steve is the lifelong partner to Larissa, father to 4 incredible teenagers, a car-free flexitarian vegan and a recovering Ironman triathlete. He loves all that is SW England including camping, sunsets over the sea, cider, the moors and beaches.
Lecturer, Facilitator, Trainer and Speaker
Lectures with ForMission (formerly Springdale/Together in Mission/Dawn2000) and SWYM/Moorlands College. He has previously been an advisor to the Church of England, a regional training officer for the Methodist Church, a church leader within a new church stream and a PE teacher/sports coach.
- - Simply - kickstarting little/big gatherings across SW England
- - ClickMovements - a Digital Media and Marketing Agency
- - Rustic Ragamuffin - a small employment collective for under-employed or homeless young people.
- - Exeter Pound - an alternative local currency developing local small businesses and saving the planet.
- - Exeter City of Sanctuary - a welcoming response to the current refugee crisis.
- - Sidwell St Methodist Church - helping this traditional city centre community find new community uses for their building. I also serve them as a 'developing local preacher'.
- - CitizensUK - democracy in action: winning victories that change lives and transform communities.
- - Transitions Network - Inspire, encourage, connect, support and train communities as they self-organise around the Transition model, creating initiatives that rebuild resilience and reduce CO2 emissions.
- - Nightchurch - a fresh expression of church in Exeter Cathedral.
- - Exeter Network Church - the first ever Bishops Missional Order.
- - Exeter Street Pastors - 100+ volunteers on the streets of Exeter on a weekly basis - statistically changing Exeter's Street Economy.
- - Scottish Network of Churches - a group of some 50 plus congregations that seek to be missional and to plant relevant expressions of church throughout Scotland.
- - Bishopbriggs Community Church - a flourishing family church in northern Glasgow.
- - Dayspring Church - an innovative multi-site church plant for 200+ people
- - Leadership and Safeguarding Training for 3,000+ Methodists, 200+ professional Christian workers and 300+ churches.
- - Children, Families and Youth Work Advisor for the 500+ churches in Church of England, Devon.